First thing is to choose a Group and Section to work in. There are limits to the number of Young Leaders a Group / Section can have, so it’s not always possible to walk into a Group and take up a place. If you are struggling to find a place or simply are not sure, contact us. Somewhere there is a place just right for you.
Having found a place you will need to:
- Register with the Sheffield Don’s Young Leader Unit, this is done by completing the Registration Form
- Book onto a Module A ‘Prepare for take-off’ training session. This must be completed within the first three months on becoming a Young Leader
What is the purpose of the Young Leader Unit?
Sheffield Don’s Young Leader Unit comprises all the young leaders in the Sheffield Don area. In addition there is a training team which consists of a number of experienced leaders who will help you to achieve your full potential.
The training team will:
- Deliver the various modules
- Provide support to you in the chosen section
- Guide you through the 4 missions
All training usually takes place at Grenoside Scout and Guide HQ, just off Salt Box Lane, Grenoside.
Once you have registered as a Young Leader, we will contact you with the dates of the training courses.
To help you better understand your role, there are a few resourses to help you.